We are excited to announce that our Kelowna cowork facility is now open and ready to meet the demands of the region’s booming tech scene.
Located in the heart of Downtown Kelowna at 1350 Saint Paul Street, our 5400 SF office space features floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping mountain views, 13 private offices, 14 dedicated workstations, and shared boardroom space. Enclosed rooms for teams can accommodate 3 to 10 people, in addition to our open work stations. Members will enjoy high-quality, ergonomic furnishings including motorized sit/stand desks and Steelcase chairs.
We know how important a reliable network is for tech companies, which is why ours is the most advanced, high-security, and high-speed of its kind in any cowork facility across North America.
Amenities include underground parking, outdoor patio with BBQ, daily stocked kitchen and lounge, common seating areas, use of gym, an additional rooftop BBQ lounge on the 6th floor, and an in-office shower—ideal for cyclist commuters. The large common area and kitchen that walks out to the patio is ideal for hosting events. Some of our ultra-premium team rooms even feature walk-outs to private dedicated patios with lounge furniture.
Nearby points of interest include:
- The lakefront
- The new YMCA gym
- BC Interior Health Building
- Hip restaurants, brew pubs, and lounges like BNA Brewery, Waterfront Cactus Club, The Curious, FSH, and Perch at the rooftop of the Kelowna Innovation Center
With the tech sector steadily growing in the Okanagan region, the demand for office space to accommodate tech-focused companies continues to grow as well.
A recent study commissioned by Accelerate Okanagan shows year-over-year economic growth of 15% since 2013 within the tech sector and an estimated contribution of $1.67 billion to the region’s economy. With 693 technology businesses currently operating in the Okanagan, this represents a 24% increase since the first survey in 2013.
As these trends continue, alternawork’s new Kelowna cowork space is ready to satisfy the growing needs of tech companies in the Okanagan region. We will be collaborating with other local cowork and incubator facilities in the city for regular networking events, as well as hosting regular fun events for the tech community in our space.
With locations in both east and west Canada, alternawork is expanding and diversifying its community of companies. Get in touch with us today to book a tour of our cutting edge cowork facility.
alternawork is a dynamic cowork facility serving the thriving tech community in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and Kelowna. To book a tour or discuss your office space needs, contact us today!
You might also like:
- How Big Businesses are Reaping the Benefits of Coworking
- Kelowna’s Booming Tech Scene Attracts Entrepreneurs
- How Tech Startup RedBit is Thriving in alternawork’s Cowork Space
- Silicon Halton Software Peer2Peer Event: Practical Machine Learning and Data Analytics - June 11, 2019
- Join Us to Celebrate the Opening of alternawork Kelowna on June 13 - June 10, 2019
- How to Achieve Privacy in a Cowork Space - June 5, 2019
- Why Design Elements Are Crucial in a Cowork Space - April 25, 2019
- Cowork Trend Grows with Federal Government Considering Options - March 18, 2019
- alternawork Kelowna Now Open to Serve the Growing West Coast Tech Scene - February 5, 2019
- How Big Businesses are Reaping the Benefits of Coworking - November 19, 2018
- Kelowna’s Booming Tech Scene Attracts Entrepreneurs - October 10, 2018
- We’re Adopting New Technology to Streamline Your Work Day - September 13, 2018
- How Tech Startup RedBit is Thriving in alternawork’s Cowork Space - July 25, 2018