We’re Adopting New Technology to Streamline Your Work Day
At alternawork, we’re always integrating the latest technology into our offices to help things run as smoothly as possible. That’s why we’ve implemented two new reception services: Snaile automated parcel lockers, and Envoy, a digital service that allows visitors to sign into the office quickly and efficiently.
Snaile Automated Parcel Lockers
You can now receive packages right to your alternawork cowork office and have them stored safely in Snaile’s automated parcel lockers. You’ll never have to worry about missing a package or trying to track it down and you will receive notification of its arrival through text or email. Pick up your parcel at your convenience using your provided security code and rest easy knowing it will be safely locked away until then.
This partnership is a welcome development as Canadians continue to shift their buying habits to e-commerce, meaning that parcel shipping volumes continue to rise. In the first quarter of 2018, Canada Post saw parcel volumes increase by 33% as compared to the same period in 2017. A big contributing factor to the growth in the amount of e-commerce-related parcel deliveries is that Millennials became the largest cohort of Canadian workers in 2016, and 67% of Millennials prefer to shop online. Couple this with the 2017 41% growth rate of coworkers worldwide and you get a perfect storm of parcels that need to be delivered, safely stored, and collected.
Envoy Guest Sign-In
Envoy is the easiest way to sign guests into the office. Visitors simply register using an iPad and receive a badge for identification. Instant badge printing makes it easy to know who’s welcome in the office, and more importantly, who’s not—your privacy and safety are important to us. You’ll be notified when your guests arrive, so you’ll never keep them waiting or waste time tracking them down. Make a great first impression on your guests with this professional, streamlined sign-in process.
Embracing New Technology
Technology is at the core of what we do, from providing the best network possible for tech companies and startups to supporting youth interested in robotics. Introducing services like Envoy and Snaile is just one of the ways we’re continuing to integrate new technology to better serve our members.
alternawork is a dynamic cowork facility serving the thriving tech community in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). To book a tour or discuss your office space needs, contact us today!
You might also like:
- How Tech Startup RedBit is Thriving in alternawork’s Cowork Space
- Cowork Considerations: The Importance of a Fast, Reliable Network
- 5 Ways Coworking Can Help Your Business Thrive
- Silicon Halton Software Peer2Peer Event: Practical Machine Learning and Data Analytics - June 11, 2019
- Join Us to Celebrate the Opening of alternawork Kelowna on June 13 - June 10, 2019
- How to Achieve Privacy in a Cowork Space - June 5, 2019
- Why Design Elements Are Crucial in a Cowork Space - April 25, 2019
- Cowork Trend Grows with Federal Government Considering Options - March 18, 2019
- alternawork Kelowna Now Open to Serve the Growing West Coast Tech Scene - February 5, 2019
- How Big Businesses are Reaping the Benefits of Coworking - November 19, 2018
- Kelowna’s Booming Tech Scene Attracts Entrepreneurs - October 10, 2018
- We’re Adopting New Technology to Streamline Your Work Day - September 13, 2018
- How Tech Startup RedBit is Thriving in alternawork’s Cowork Space - July 25, 2018